CMDi’s 10-point Crisis Marketing Health-Check and Action Plan will help you create a marketing strategy that cuts through the crisis:
1. What are your organisation’s marketing objectives now vs. what they need to be to help you and your members emerge stronger and future fit? What actions are required to re-focus your organisation’s current goals on what matters most right now and throughout the various stages of the crisis still to come?
2. How strong is your brand? What actions do you need to take to sharpen it for a new era of chaos and uncertainty?
3. How focused are you on evolving members’ needs? What actions do you need to take to align your products and services to meet them, so you are best positioned to help members get ready for recovery?
4. Is your member segmentation, database and/or CRM system ready for a world where budgets need to be focused on only those members that deliver growth and profit? What actions can you take to build deeper value for members and build a deeper, more personalised engagement strategy?
5. How well do your communications drive action? What actions do you need to take to focus on the things that matter right now to increase share of members pockets, in a way that supports your purpose and meets their essential needs?
6. Is your website focused on the right calls to action? What actions are needed to improve member journeys and deliver greater performance against high priority goals?
7. Is your online offer ready to capitalise on the massive acceleration in online usage and demand to do more things online, whether service support, or training and advice? What action plan can be developed to speed this up?
8. Is your content saying the right things to the right people to deepen engagement and trust – what actions are required to sharpen your messaging and creative to stand out and provide authentic messages that build trust? How can you improve the impact of your content, social media and email marketing to increase its ROI?
9. Is your digital and performance marketing working as hard as it can? What more can you be doing to improve your online offer and make sure it gets found through intelligent SEO, PPC and remarketing?
10. How are you resourcing your marketing, what is your team capable and not capable of delivering quickly, or at all, and are the external partners you currently work with fit for action and delivering their services at optimal cost? Have you identified required changes both short and long-term to ensure your team and partners are working as efficiently as possible?